The Road to Carthage Marathon weekend of events requires the help of hundreds of enthusiastic and hard working volunteers to make it happen. Volunteers provide key support to the many participants as they reach their goal of completing the Marathon, Marathon Relay, or Half Marathon. No experience is necessary to volunteer and there is a wide variety of fun and exciting job choices available. Volunteers have the opportunity to meet people from around the country and get a behind the scenes view of this major community event. All volunteers receive an official Race Crew T-shirt and the appreciation of the many participants who benefit from their support.
There are five key areas where volunteers for the event are needed:
1. Race Packet Pickup: Two Shifts (10:45-3:00 or 2:45-7:00) Hand out race packets, goody bags, shirts, etc. to runners.
2. Route Support: Control traffic along the course, communicate medical issues to medical personnel.
3. Aid Stations: Provide water, energy drink, and energy packets at designated aid stations throughout the course. Great opportunity to sign up as a group or family.
4. Finish Line: Hand out finishers medals, direct runners to food tent. Assist runners as needed.
5. Food Tent: Keep food and drink organized. Keep spectators out of area.
6. Bag Drop (Start): Check runners bags in at the starting line area and organize according to big number.
7. Bag Drop (Finish): Return bags to runners and provide any needed assistance to runners.